I read this article online from a website titled, “The Amazing Parish,” and I wanted to share it with the parish community.
5 SIGNS YOUR PARISH IS HEALTHY
1. The Pastor, Employees, and Volunteers all strive for excellence valuing accountability, and responsibility, so that the parish runs smoothly.
2. The Pastor receives support from parishioners, and is not the only one keeping things going.
3 Pastors are not only administrative leaders, but also spiritual ones. Parishioners have the opportunity to pray with their priests, and learn from their witness.
4. The parish places front and center the vibrant celebration of the Mass,encouraging parishioners to delve deeper into their faith and parish life.
5. Prayer-The parish is constantly praying for the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
TO HELP IMPROVE YOUR PARISH HEALTH:
1. Participate in the spiritual and community life of the parish.
2. Offer your skills and talents to your pastor-you never know how you can help the parish thrive.